When you start out putting down over 840 horsepower with a brand-new Mustang, it shouldn’t be surprise that there’s nowhere to go but up. The crew at Hellion Power Systems knows a few things about boosting Mustangs with turbochargers. Main man John Urist has won countless drag racing championships in boosted Mustangs and his company created the first bolt-on turbocharger system for 2018 Mustang GT. The second car fitted with that system recently reclaimed its crown as the most powerful 2018 Mustang GT around with rear-wheel outputs of 870 horsepower and 817 lb-ft of torque!
To review, this new Mustang features a totally stock Gen 3 Coyote 5.0-liter engine burning 108-octane unleaded fuel for detonation safety. Fitted with a Hellion Eliminator twin-turbo system this engine runs at the behest of a custom HP Tuners calibration by Eddie Rios/Addiction Motorsports. It is fed by a set of Fuel Injector Clinic 1,000cc port injectors and a factory fuel pump enhanced by a JMS FuelMax fuel pump voltage booster.
Hellion 2018 Mustang Mods
• Bassani 3-inch cat-back exhaust
• Fuel Injector Clinic 1,000cc port injectors
• JMS FuelMax fuel pump booster
• Hellion Eliminator twin-turbo system with 62/66 Precision turbos
• HP Tuners custom calibration by Eddie Rios/Addiction Motorsports
• Torco 108-octane unleaded fuel
• Turbosmart eBoost 2 boost controller w/ four-port solenoid option
For more on these systems, you can visit the official Hellion site right here.