Take a deep-dive examination into an engine and its components that had performed flawlessly… — Ford Performance
5.0 Aluminator Crate Engine Specs
• 11.0:1 compression ratio
• Mahle hard-anodized, forged pistons w/ Grafal low-friction coating
• Manley H-beam connecting rods with ARP 2000 bolts
• Boss 302 connecting rod bearings
• Forged-steel crankshaft
• Uses production 2017 Mustang GT aluminum block
• Large rear sump oil pan a/ 8-quart capacity
• Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads
• Boss 302 Valve Springs (PN M-6513-M50BR)
• Mustang GT production camshafts
• Billet-steel gerotor oil pump (PN M-6600-50CJ)
Knowing its engines are built to survive, the factory hot-rodding division decided to document the teardown of Justin’s Aluminator to see just how it held up. As you’ll see, the in-depth video details the engine teardown and shares feedback from Ford Performance Parts Manager Doug White, Engine Product Manager Mike Robins, Prototype Engine Engineer Jim Ronzello, and Ford Performance Parts Engine Engineer Ron Ewert.
For more on the engine under Justin’s hood, you can check out its official page right here.