In advance of the Mustangs Northwest 38th Annual Mustang Roundup in Bellevue, Washington, Saleen Automotive is lifting the cover on its latest power pickup — the Saleen Sport Truck XR. A variation on the company’s extant street-performance Sport Truck, this one is built to take the fun off the highway.
We are introducing an off-road truck to our high-performance vehicles lineup with the Sport Truck XR. — Steve Saleen, Saleen Automotive
“Furthering Saleen Automotive’s commitment to continued growth in the performance car and truck markets, we are proud to debut our Saleen Sport Truck XR,” Saleen Automotive President Amy Boylan said.
Saleen has a long history in racing, including road racing as part of the SCCA PRO Truck Series. For this effort, however, the company collaborated with legendary Ford off-road racer, Greg Foutz.
“Continually adding to our lineup of performance vehicles is paramount to Saleen Automotive,” Saleen CEO Steve Saleen said. “We are introducing an off-road truck to our high-performance vehicles lineup with the Sport Truck XR.”
Saleen Sport Truck XR Features
• Black Label suspension includes Saleen upper and lower control arms, Saleen Spindle, tuned for Saleen Fox front shocks with bypass for 12-inches of travel, Saleen rear leaf springs, Saleen bump stop with frame gusset, and Saleen custom-tuned rear bypass shocks for 14 inches of travel
• Chrome or Carbonite 17x 8-inch wheels (optional)
• General Tire Grabber X3 tires, 33×12.7-17
• Saleen Colorlab-painted brake calipers (optional)
• Saleen body upgrades including front and rear bumpers, body color door and tailgate handles, body-color wheel flares, body-color grille, sidesteps, tailgate panel and power hood
• Saleen exterior package w/ windshield banner, door chevron stripes, 30th Championship wreath, and serialized front bumper numbers
• Saleen interior w/ embroidered headrests, eight-way power driver’s seat, power adjustable pedals, signature Saleen White Face Gauges, Saleen-embroidered floor mats, and dash plaque with Saleen model and serialized VIN
• Saleen XR Suspension w/ 2.5 Smooth Series shocks
• Signature brakes w/ 13.8-inch rotors/two-piston calipers (front) and 13.8-inch rotors/single-piston calipers (rear)
• Six-piston front calipers w/ 13.6- or 14-inch rotors (optional)
• Six-spoke alloy wheels, 17×8.5 inches
These trucks will be available alongside the rest of the Saleen lineup at participating dealers, and you can look at ordering one right here in the near future.