If you are in the market for a new exhaust system for your S550, finding a system that matches your style, as well as your build needs, is essential. Air & Water Enterprises, also known as AWE, is an internationally distributed manufacturer that focuses on providing Mustang enthusiasts with quality, great sounding exhausts systems. Over the last two years, AWE has evolved from focusing primarily on manufacturing parts for European vehicles like Porsche, Audi, and McLaren, to attacking the exhaust manifolds of our beloved Mustang.
Who would’ve thought that AWE, a company originally founded for the Euro enthusiast, would eventually go on to produce some of the nicest sounding Mustang exhausts in the category. — Justin Dugan, AmericanMuscle
If you aren’t familiar with the company or its work you are in luck because AmericanMuscle’s Justin Dugan took a tour of the AWE Tuning facility to witness how the company builds high-quality Mustang exhausts systems for the S550 and S197 platforms.
“Who would’ve thought that AWE, a company originally founded for the Euro enthusiast, would eventually go on to produce some of the nicest sounding Mustang exhausts in the category,” Justin enthused.
In the video, he receives a shop tour of the AWE facility in Horsham, Pennsylvania, to find out exactly how they develop and design the exhaust system that is available for purchase on the site. In true AmericanMuscle fashion, Justin also shows up in a new 2018 Mustang and the team at SWE get to work outfitted the s550 with the SWE Touring cat-back exhaust.
The latest episode of Hop Lap gives Mustang enthusiasts a little bit of a history lesson on an American-made exhaust company that you may have otherwise overlooked. The history of the company and shop tour was something that really peaked our interest. We also learned that Justin needs a little bit more time behind the welding gun before he is ready to join the AWE build team!
For the complete line of AWE performance exhaust for your Ford Mustang, you can visit the AmericanMuscle website here.
AWE Touring Edition Exhaust Features
• .065 inch Wall T304 Stainless Steel Build
• 4-inch, double-walled Diamond Black tips
• AWE lifetime exhaust warranty
• Clean, non-Baffled, Straight-Through Muffler
• Direct bolt-on installation
• Does not retain factory Active Exhaust function
• Dramatically increases horsepower and torque
• Features 180 Sound technology
• Fits all 2018-2019 Ford Mustang GT fastbacks with Active Exhaust
• Handcrafted, CNC Mandrel-Bent 3-Inch Tubing
• Precision-Engineered H Pipe
• Rasp- and drone-free moderate, muscular tone
• Touring Edition cat-back exhaust