Regular readers know we recently documented the installation and dyno testing of a Whipple Gen 5 supercharger system on Lethal Performance’s project Goldmember. Running the included calibration and a 3.75-inch pulley, the Gen 3 Coyote-powered GT put down 755 horsepower to the rear wheels. Recently Team Lethal headed to the drag strip with that same combo.
The only change they made to the car was adding a set of Race Star wheels shod with M&H frontrunners and Hoosier slicks out back. With the stick tire bolted on, the Lethal crew headed to Palm Beach International Raceway to make its first drag passes with the new combo, which resulted in a best run of 10.39 at 136.81 MPH.
“We finally had some clear skies here in South Florida and we were able to take Project Goldmember, our Whipple-supercharged 2018 Mustang GT, over to Palm Beach International Raceway for some test hits,” says Team Lethal. “The skies were clear but all the rain we’ve had left it a balmy 86 degrees Fahrenheit, 73-percent humidity and the DA was 2,600 feet. We still made some good hits and went home happy.”
And, why not, running deep into the 10s with a bolt-on package is enough to make any gearhead smile.
“I was expecting low 10s and about 138 mph,” Jonas Cooper, Chief Technology Officer at Lethal Performance, added. “I was very happy with the results.”
Lethal Performance 2018 Mustang Mods
• 3.0-liter Gen 5 Whipple supercharger
• 3.75-inch blower pulley
• 93-octane fuel
• 132mm Whipple throttle body
• BMR Suspension Magneride springs
• Boundary Oil pump and crank sprocket gears
• DeatschWerks DW400 fuel pump
• Driveshaft Shop carbon fiber driveshaft
• Hoosier rear slicks
• Kooks long-tube headers and midpipe
• Lethal Performance resonator delete
• Lethal Performance axle-back exhaust
• M&H front tires
• Race Star 95 Recluse wheels
• Reische 170-degree thermostat