For true gearheads, the passion is a lifestyle. Having cool cars is great, but wearing your passion on your sleeve is a way of life. If you are a fan of the Professional Fun Haver, Vaughn Gittin Jr., you can actually wear a small chunk of his Mustang RTR drifter on your wrist courtesy of REC Watches.
It was an honor when the artists and craftsmen at REC Watches came to myself and RTR and wanted to make a limited edition watch. — Vaughn Gittin Jr., RTR Vehicles
“RTR means ‘ready to rock,’ and to me that means ready for anything. It’s kind what I live by. When I first got into the Mustang world in 2005, I was searching for something to personalize my Mustang and make it very unique and stand out from the crowd,” Vaughn said. “I noticed very quickly that there wasn’t anything in the aftermarket that really supported my generation’s style, so what we do at RTR is take the incredible Ford Mustang, focus on modern aggressive looks and a tactical approach to performance to be something that we like to say is ‘available for all, but not for everyone.’”
That is definitely the case with the REC P-51 RTR timepiece. Only 350 of these watches are available for sale and each features styling cues and actual pieces of Vaughn’s competition drifter. Those cues include green and dark orange printed hands over a raw carbon fiber dial surrounded by a forged carbon/aluminum bezel, which are both recycled from JR’s 2017 Mustang RTR. It also features the RTR logo and signature grille design laser-engraved on its flank.
“It’s really tough for me to narrow down my favorite feature, but if I had to it is the forged together carbon and aluminum. For me, looking at that a piece of my race car is on my watch, there is nothing cooler than that,” Vaughn added. “It was an honor when the artists and craftsmen at REC Watches came to myself and RTR and wanted to make a limited edition watch from our Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5RD that we compete in the Formula Drift series with.
The REC Watches’ P-51 RTR timepieces are available for sale in stores and online for $1,895, which includes free shipping. They can be purchased in retail outlets and via the company’s web site right here. Orders will begin shipping on July 20, 2018.
REC Watches P-51 RTR Specs
• Diameter: 44mm
• Height: 10.8mm
• Opening diameter: 38mm
• Weight: 128g
• Three Hands/Date/Power Reserve
• Green and orange printed hands
• Black PVD/gun metal & stainless steel case
• Forged carbon bezel mixed with aluminum – recycled from Vaughn Gittin Jr.’s 900hp RTR Ford Mustang.
• Black inner dials
• Two years full warranty
• Three ATM, 30 meters
• Reference: Miyota cal. 9130 movement with rotor decoration
• Type: Mechanical, self-winding
• Frequency: 28,800 VPH (4.0 hz)
• Power reserve: 48 hours
• Jewels: 26
• Case: 316L Stainless steel
• Top: glass Sapphire Crystal with anti-reflective coating
• Caseback: glass Mineral Crystal
• Handcrafted carbon dial recycled from Vaughn Gittin Jr.’s 900hp RTR Ford Mustang.
• Strap Width: 24 mm
• Double black calf leather strap with green stitchings, quick-release system and Brushed & polished stainless steel black PVD coated buckle with laser engraved logo